July 13, 2019
How We Met: We both attended Homewood City Schools but were a year apart in school, so we always knew each other but were never really close. We became friends my (Shea’s) sophomore year and Miller’s freshman year at Alabama, and we began dating soon after.
The Proposal: Miller completely surprised me and proposed at the overlook near Tip Top Grill. He told me we were meeting his grandparents after church to pick up my birthday present (I thought it was Alabama-LSU football tickets), and then after we were to meet my parents out for my mom’s and my birthday dinner. Not only did Miller propose, but he also gave me Alabama LSU tickets! After the proposal we met my parents out for dinner, then had a surprise party with friends and family.
The Dress: It was the second dress I ever tried on, and I felt like a princess in it. It fit me perfectly and I knew the dress was for me. I had the best experience at Bustle with my friends and family.
Favorite Details: I wore the same earrings as my mom did when she married my dad. One of my bridesmaids custom-designed my save-the-dates, invitations and programs. It was a really fun process to go through. Also one of my cheerleaders, Ella Grace Ivey, wrote calligraphy on our welcome signs.
What We Are Doing Now: I am in my fourth year teaching at Homewood High School (fifth year teaching), and Miller is in medical school at UAB.
- Ceremony Venue: A. Hamilton Reid Chapel
- Reception Venue: Regions Field
- Day-Of Coordinator: Hilliary Hallman
- Florist: Bud and Blooms
- Caterer: Parkview Catering
- Cakes: Cakes by Design
- Videographer: Rush Video
- Invitations: M Harris Design
- Wedding Dress: Bustle
- Dress Alterations: Hollow to Hem
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Hair & Makeup: Danielle Ivy Chiepalich
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Creativity
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Stage Rental: Fun Stuff
- Decoration Calligraphy: Ella Grace Ivey