July 8, 2017
How We Met: In the summer of 2015, Nick was a studious graduate student of optometry trying to figure out how he was going to pass his neuro final and Kathryn a new mom to baby Luke trying to adjust to a new chapter in life. Both were looking for true love. Nick waited for over a month after swiping right and matching with a brown-haired southern belle from Homewood before they met at the Starbucks in Wildwood.
The Proposal: Nick took Kathryn up to their special spot at Vestavia Hills Baptist Church with a beautiful view overlooking Homewood to catch the sunset before dinner. Nick had memorized every line of the note he’d written her, but as Kathryn read it, he forgot all the lines. When she got to the last paragraph, Nick was able to catch his composure to say the lines out loud to her: “If happy ever after did exist, I’d be holding onto you like this. Baby, Baby Baby, Oh, won’t you always be mine!” And he got down on one knee with the ring.
Favorite Moment: Just before sunset, the couple snuck away from the reception for “Cue the Confetti” photos. They went outside and danced in the street. “It was such a special moment to be alone,” Kathryn says.
Favorite Details: Renting a trolley and making a stop at the Magic City Sign in downtown Birmingham for pictures. They also had rented a replica of the Magic City sign for display at the reception and included the Magic City sign on their koozies.
- Venues: Dawson Memorial Baptist Church and Haven
- Wedding Planner: Megan Cease, M. Elizabeth Events
- Florist: HotHouse Design Studio
- Caterer: The Happy Catering Company
- Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: Holloway Productions
- Invitations: Leigh’s Paper and Gifts
- Calligraphy: Grace Davis Hall, Grace Calligraphy
- Wedding Dress: The White Room
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Hair and Makeup: Emily Summerville
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Reception Music: Underground Social Club
- Trolley: Rare Transportation
- Getaway Car: Coats Classic Cars
- Rentals: PropHouse
- Photo Booth: Dixieland Photography and Photo Booth Rental
- Linens: Decor to Adore
- Lighting: Design Productions
- Programs and Koozies: Weezie B. Designs