May 26, 2017
How We Met: Chris and I (Stephanie) went to Homewood Middle and Homewood High School together, and graduated in the class of 1990. We were even crowned king and queen of the HMS 8th grade Valentine’s Dance (even though Chris has no recollection of this)! However, we didn’t utter one word to each other until 2012, when Chris and I reconnected via “the Facebook.” We didn’t actually see each other until the summer of 2015, when Chris helped build a deck for me. Chris’s story is that I started flirting first, but I maintain that it was Chris who started the flirting. In November 2015, Chris began coming to church with me and joining me and my foster son at the zoo on a regular basis. Chris later asked me to dinner, and the rest is history.
The Proposal: On December 29, 2016, Chris set aside his dislike of Auburn, and he proposed to me in front of Samford Hall at Auburn University—my favorite place on earth.
Favorite Moment: We wrote our own vows, so it was so special to hear our vows recited to one another during the ceremony. What was especially special was having several of our friends from the Homewood High Class of 1990 there in attendance. We both grew up in Homewood, continue to live in Homewood, and we have made lifelong friends in Homewood.
Favorite Details: One of my bridesmaids sang “What A Beautiful Name” while Chris and I participated in the sacrament of communion—a holy moment that will never be forgotten.
- Venue: Douglas Manor
- Wedding Planner: Ashley Berkery, Ashley Copeland Weddings
- Florist: BKWed
- Caterer: Bob Sykes BBQ
- Cake: Clay Tavel, CT Cakes
- Videographer: Down in Front Productions
- Invitations: Shutterfly
- Wedding Dress: Bella’s Bridal and Formal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: RenzRags on Etsy
- Hair: Celine Russell
- Makeup: Jaclyn Gibbs
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: K&G Fashion
- Music: Van Hollingsworth (guitar), Jeanette Brabston (violin), Ande Fanning (vocalist)
- Transportation: Larry’s Limo Service
- DJ: Brian Crawford with B. Brian Inc.