August 5, 2017
How We Met: At Samford University. Both Casey and I (Allison) are pharmacy graduates from McWhorter School of Pharmacy. Casey was class of 2010, and I was class of 2012.
The Proposal: We always enjoyed visiting New York City, so on December 15, 2015, Casey proposed to me under the Rockefeller Christmas Tree.
Favorite Moment from the Big Day: Spending time with friends, family, and all the people we love and cherish.
Favorite Wedding Details: The song “He Leadeth Me” is one of my dad’s and my favorite songs sung acapella. My dad passed away in 2013 unexpectedly from a rare heart condition. I also listened to this song before tests in pharmacy school, so this had special meaning for so many reasons. The groom’s dessert of choice was cinnamon rolls. Casey’s aunt is a caterer and has a secret family recipe passed down from his grandmother. Everyone in the family cherishes these rolls. They were a huge hit and were devoured in minutes.
What We Are Doing Now: We live in Edgewood and attend Dawson Memorial Baptist Church. We are both pharmacists in town and parents to two Yorkies and one Shorkie (shitzu/yorkie mix).
- Venues: Dawson Memorial Baptist Church, The Grand Bohemian Hotel
- Wedding Planner: M. Elizabeth Events
- Florist: Hothouse Design
- Caterer: The Grand Bohemian Hotel
- Cake: Olexa’s
- Videographer: Josh Nichols
- Invitations: Annabelle’s
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Lauren Vining Hunter
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Music: Onsite Receptions
- Chairs, Tables, Cushions & Dance Floor: Event Rentals Unlimited