May 2, 2020
The Proposal: Sam planned to propose in the vineyard on our last day on a trip to Sonoma, California, but woke up with a stomach bug (probably nerves!). He proposed to me (Callie) the following day overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, and it was beautiful!
Favorite Moments: Mid-March, we realized that our day wasn’t going to go as planned. Cue all of the tears. With all of the uncertainty of everything, we decided to still get married because that was important to us. Our photographers encouraged us to make the day as special as possible. My favorite moment was our first look. It wasn’t the day we imagined, but seeing Sam and knowing that we were about to be husband and wife was the sweetest thing. We had ten people at our ceremony. With the pews empty, we said our vows.
Our family set up a Zoom call for people to join in and also had our local family and friends outside for a car “parade” to congratulate us. We ended the day with takeout from GianMarco’s, a homemade wedding cake made by a dear friend, and having our first dance in our kitchen.
We ultimately decided to forgo our reception in July, but the sweetest bridal party joined us for pictures that we missed (plus our corona puppy). The Florentine allowed us to come by to have our official first dance, and I could have cried! None of this was part of my plans for the wedding I’ve looked forward to for so long, but it was such a sweet and happy time.
Favorite Details: Sam’s grandmother made our church flowers and our bouquets for our bridal party pictures in July. And it was so special for us!
- Ceremony Venue: Trinity United Methodist Church
- First Dance Venue: The Florentine
- Bridal Party Photo Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Engaged Wedding Library
- Florist: Michael Sanchez Designs & Sam’s Grandmother Becky Hutto
- Invitations: Fine Paperwork
- Wedding Dress: The White Room
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Perfectly Undone Beauty & Cosmetics by Mackenzie
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear