January 13, 2018
How We Met: At Auburn my (Genny’s) friend Kelly kept mentioning that I really needed to meet her brother. He came to Auburn to visit her for her 20th birthday, and we finally got to meet and began to date long distance.
The Proposal: On our first date and many dates following, Kohl and I ate at Acre in Auburn whenever he came to town. A year and a half later, Acre was closed for the holidays, but Kohl surprised me and planned a beautiful quiet evening there with one waitress, one chef and a custom menu, full of our favorite items. Later that evening we celebrated with family and friends at my grandparents’ home in Birmingham.
Favorite Details: Each groomsman wore a beaver fur black cowboy hat with their black and white tuxedo and black cowboy boots. Kohl wears his cowboy hat and boots to formal events in Houston, and I believe it was the perfect touch for our wedding day. Even some guests who were not from Texas wore hats to the reception. I can’t tell you how many people, local to Birmingham, told me they loved the cowboys!
What We Are Doing Now: When we returned to Houston after our wedding, I made the decision to travel alongside Kohl for his career in professional baseball with the Minnesota Twins. We moved from Houston to Chattanooga, to Rochester, New York, and finally to Minneapolis as Kohl finished the baseball season with the Minnesota Twins Major League team, which included a trip back home to Houston where he pitched against the Astros!
- Venues: St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, The Club
- Wedding Planner: Megan Wyatt
- Florist: Carole Sullivan, Lagniappe Designs
- Caterer: The Club
- Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: Main Street Productions
- Invitations: Scribbler Pink
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella’s Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: GLOW & Emily Summerville
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: The Black Tux
- Music: Z and the Party Faktory
- Transportation: Rare Transportation, Coat’s Classic Cars