June 17, 2017
The Proposal: I (Michelle) was expecting Brad to propose on a beach trip over Memorial Day. I got my nails done, packed multiple fancy outfits, etc. On the last night we went to Cafe 30-A (my favorite restaurant that my parents have been taking me to since I was a child), but I was in a not-so-pleasant mood. Right when I was starting to admit that I was upset because he had not proposed, he got on one knee and told me he always wants to make me happy and that is what he plans to do for the rest of our lives.Favorite Moment: I will never forget the flood of emotions when the wooden church doors opened and it was time for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Once I got close enough to see Brad’s smile clearly, I was overwhelmed with joy again. Our photographer Hilary actually captured a photo of Brad wiping a tear away as I am walking toward him. I love looking at that photo to remind me of the intense love I felt that day.
Favorite Details: Brad planned the honeymoon completely by himself. I had no idea where we were going. The day of the wedding Brad and I wrote each other letters and exchanged them without seeing each other. My letter from Brad was sweet and had me tearing up until I read the last line, “I cannot wait to begin our adventure together in Fiji!” I was speechless.
- Venues: Trinity United Methodist Church, B&A Warehouse
- Florist: Ray Jordan, FlowerBuds
- Caterer: B&A Warehouse
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Leigh’s Paper and Gifts
- Calligraphy: Tumpy Bethea
- Ceremony Vocalists: Theresa McKibben and Scott Brooks
- Wedding Dress: Ivory and White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair: Floyd Cherry, Hopson James Salon
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Reception Band: All in One, East Cost Entertainment