June 8, 2019
How We Met: Mike and I (Mary Katherine) were set up on a blind date by one of Mike’s teammates at Samford. We immediately hit it off and talked nonstop until Taco Mama closed, and then we got dessert at Edgewood Creamery six weeks before graduation. As soon as Mike walked into his house he announced to all of his roommates, “The date was great, and I’m going to marry Mary Katherine Stanley.” Luckily I was on the same page telling my roommates the exact same thing about Mike at my apartment around the corner!
Favorite Moments: We married at the same church where my parents were married. One of our favorite things we decided to do was not have a first look. This made walking down the aisle extra special and sweet, and without a doubt our favorite moment of the day. Another highlight of the night was dancing with all of our friends and family to the timeless sounds of Memphis Soul Revue. After the last dance, the horn section formed a “Second Line” and escorted Mike and I to our getaway car.
Favorite Details: A favorite food station was the Southern Biscuit Bar, which featured homemade biscuits and a Memphis original, Gus’ Famous Fried Chicken, along with beef tenderloin and homemade pimento cheese. Other food stations included a His and Hers Slider Station, with homemade potato chips and mini Caesar Salads, a “Cha Cha Cha” Station with shrimp tacos and made-to-order guacamole, and a Charcuterie Station. The most popular station, though, was the Groom’s Cookie Bar, which featured Homewood’s very own Cookie Fix. Another highlight of the night was dancing to the timeless sounds of Memphis Soul Revue. After the last dance, the horn section formed a “Second Line” and escorted Mike and I to our getaway car.
- Ceremony Venue: First Evangelical Church, Memphis
- Reception: Annesdale Mansion
- Wedding Planner: Mona Dunlap, Mona Dunlap Events
- Florist: Kevin Griffin
- Caterer: Coletta’s
- Bride’s Cake: Cakes by Mom and Me LLC
- Groom’s Cake: Cookie station by Cookie Fix
- Videographer: Bridge Films
- Invitations: RSVP Stationers
- Wedding Dress: Barefoot Bride
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Hair & Makeup: Faith Pool
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: American Tuxedo
- Music: Memphis Soul Revue
- Transportation: TN Limousine Service
- Rehearsal Dinner: Chickasaw Country Club
- Soft Seating, Custom Bars, Lighting: White Door Events
- Libations: Liquor and Wine Depot, Memphis