February 10, 2018
How We Met: Phillip and I met through a mutual friend who is also a Homewood grad. A year later, I ran into Phillip at SlossFest randomly. We were both pleasantly surprised to see each other again! Phillip asked me out that same weekend.
The Proposal: Phillip led me on a scavenger hunt that took me to all of the locations in Birmingham that were special to us. It ended at Vulcan where both our parents and close friends were waiting. The last clue was for me to go to the top of Vulcan and to look over the railing for a surprise. That is where I saw a giant sign below with the words “Will you marry me?” written in Spanish. (Side note: I can speak Spanish.)
The Dress: I loved my dress designed by the fabulous Heidi Elnora. My veil was a custom piece Heidi and her team made for me. We took lace from my mother’s wedding dress and they sewed it onto the outer part of the veil. Also I wore the earrings my grandfather gave to my mother when she turned 16. He passed away when I was very young so this was a way to honor him and to know he was with me on my wedding day.
Favorite Moments: I have long been obsessed with boys choir ensembles, so having the Birmingham Boys Choir sing for us and our guests was an absolute honor. At Iron City, Phillip surprised me with a slideshow he made with photos of us, our families and friends.
- Venues: South Highland Presbyterian Church, Iron City
- Florist: Clarke Bohorfoush, Boho Designs
- Caterer: Iron City
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Groom’s Cookies: Sweet Melissa’s Cookie Co.
- Invitations: Leigh’s Personalized Gifts and Stationery
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bridesmaids, Inc.
- Hair & Makeup: Brittany Massey
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Jos A. Bank
- Ceremony Music: Birmingham Boys Choir
- Reception Music: Just A Few Cats
- Transportation: Vintage Auto Wedding Chauffeur
- Linens: Decor to Adore